As a not-for-profit organization, driven by outcomes and a desire to reinvest in program services, Spectrum offers many distinct advantages:
- Fifty-four years of experience in addiction treatment.
- Fifty-four years serving criminal offenders in the community and 29 years providing prison-based programming.
- Strong senior management team with more than 350 years combined experience in addiction treatment and correctional programming.
- Programming which meets or exceeds standards set by CARF International.
- History of full compliance with all American Correctional Association (ACA) audits.
- Evidence-based, field-tested cognitive-behavioral curricula and treatment methods.
- Reputation for highly qualified, well-trained, and motivated staff.
- History of strong and productive working partnerships with correctional personnel.
- Strong corporate infrastructure providing ongoing support to program operations.
- Demonstrated success in obtaining federal grant awards in partnership with state correctional agencies to enhance existing service delivery.
- Ongoing process of systems improvement that incorporates input from clients, family members, and partner organizations.
- Comprehensive performance measurement, data collection and reporting systems.
- Demonstrated outcomes (e.g., less disciplinary reports, reduced recidivism, etc.) among program graduates.
- Exceptional client, staff, and stakeholder satisfaction survey results.
- Internationally recognized Advisory Board of subject matter experts.
- Published articles in a number of professional journals.
- Fiscally sound and financially responsible operations.
“The organization has a well-defined set of values, including compassion, service excellence, integrity, optimal care, creativity, positive workplace and fiscal responsibility, that is reiterated throughout all levels of programming.”
“The organization’s data regarding recidivism show an impressive outcome for those individuals who have received residential substance abuse treatment.”
“The organization’s leadership, staff members, and other stakeholders believe in the mission of the organization and its ability to improve the lives of those served.”
“The staff members of Spectrum Health Systems are enthusiastic and energetic in their interactions with the persons served and are credited by the persons served for fostering hope in their future.”
“I entered Spectrum’s detox at the lowest point in my life. While I was there, I took a tour of the residential program. I decided to try it because I did not want to go back to my old way of life. Now I’m in recovery, working and making plans for my future – something I never dreamed possible.”
“The Correctional Recovery Academy model provides a holistic approach to treating addictions and associated behaviors. All aspects of living without substances are addressed, practiced and modeled.”